Saturday, July 28, 2007

Happy As Clam - July Edition

I'm sitting in my bedroom in shorts and a tankini top; I'm about to go outside and read Harry Potter in the sun, only after I eat the brown rice sushi I bought at Go Wasabi on Ditmars. My hair is currently air-drying because I was instructed to show up at my 5pm hair appointment with my hair down, not pulled back, with minimal product in it, so that they can see what they're "working with," she said. Have I mentioned that this salon specializes in curly hair? And that I've wanted to go here for probably four years? And that I need a haircut badly right now and I have a good feeling about this one? Oh and I just got back from my massage appointment. Holy. Fuck. That was pretty much actual heaven. I feel so good right now. She did 45 minutes of reflexology which is apparently just some sort of magical manipulation of every single muscle in my feet - that was unreal. Then she did 30 minutes of incredible back work. I died, came back to life, died again, and solved world hunger - I was so zen. Oh and I went to sleep at 11pm last night and slept for 12 hours in my freshly laundered bed with my kitten by my side. Oh and I bought new earrings on sale at the spa which are adorable. Oh and this morning I organized a shitload of money stuff and paid some bills that desperately needed paying. Oh before going to sleep last night I did laundry and folded all. my. clothes.

This is the best day.

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

I love your day. I treated myself to an 80 minute massage a couple of weeks ago, as a reward for the first 5 weeks of marathon training. I went in there with a 2-day headache, heartburn, and an upset stomach and left feeling like a new woman. There is a place around the corner from me that specializes in reflexology, maybe I should check that one out next time.

I'm sitting in midway airport right now, by the way. My flight is totally delayed. Again. if northwest fucking cancels it, I will go postal. And then I will rent a car and drive my ass home.

Time to be done travelling, methinks.