Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Tree.



That's my adorable boyfriend last night, standing in the 28th Street subway station WITH OUR CHRISTMAS TREE! WAHOO!!

You'd think it would be a horrible nightmare to get that thing from Manhattan to Brooklyn, on the subway, and ultimately down the block to our apartment. But you'd be wrong. It wasn't too bad at all.

Granted, I wasn't the one carrying it.



;)

He was a real trooper. AND, he's Jewish! So this was a true mitzvah, his carrying that tree home and helping me set it up. He was covered in sap and pine needles when all was said and done. I love him.

It was too late by the time we got home (around 11) to start decorating it. I still loved seeing it all unwrapped and settling into its new home in our living room. We trimmed some of the unruly branches and arranged it just-so, gave it some water, and enjoyed the amazing aroma. I plan to at least get the lights on it tonight. I'm so happy we have it, finally. I wanted to get it on Friday, after Thanksgiving, but we stayed in Brooklyn for most of the weekend and couldn't find anyone selling trees on Friday. The tree stands are popping up all over the place now, of course, so we could have bought it in Brooklyn, but we got it in Manhattan and it got to take a subway ride. How many Christmas trees can say that?

I did get to do some other decorating in the house - just some extra greens from the tree with blue lights and ornaments peppered throughout. Looks cheesy but it's cute and festive. I can't wait until the tree is done and we can hang out by treelight at night. Love that.

More tomorrow!

No comments: