Friday, January 23, 2009

FRIDAAAAAY.

Whew. Almost through another day.

I came in late to work today, which was brilliant. Kevin has a bad flu and has been seriously down for the count for the last three days. I woke up in time to get to the office at the normal time, but I was just exhausted and as I laid there, the thought of getting up, doing some yoga, getting dressed, making breakfast, and helping my sick boyfriend wake up and resituate himself was more than I could imagine accomplishing in enough time to get to work on time. So I went back to sleep. :)

I woke up a little later, around 9, and emailed work and told them I'd be a few hours late. It was a great decision. I was able to get a boat load of dishes done (I've been really on top of keeping the house clean and tidy lately, but with Kevin being sick and home making messes that he's too sick to pick up - there's a slight backlog), make a pot of coffee, wake up the sickling, help him get inspired to finally take a shower and put on some normal clothes, tidy up his little area where he's been camped out for the last three days (he's sleeping on a little bed we made in the living room so as not to infect me), do a power yoga session (yesss!), AND make a pot of steel cut oatmeal for us for breakfast. It was a really nice morning. It's sunny and warmer this morning (high of 47 today! yes!) and the sun was streaming in the window, the cats were lounging around, and I was really grateful just to have a few extra moments to myself. Whew!

I convinced the sickling to put on a coat and walk me to the subway (about 2 blocks away) because I knew he needed to move his body, get the blood pumping, get some air into his cells so they can breathe a bit, and get some much needed sunshine on his face. He complained about it, but I think he was secretly glad I forced him outside for all of ten minutes. He's been cooped up in the house for so long, the poor guy. He's still feeling shitty today but I'm hoping the fever has mostly broken and that the aches will begin to subside soon enough. I hate to see him like this - he's so uncomfortable.

Once I was on my way, the train took its sweet time, which means I ended up being about 30 minutes later than I predicted (putting me here at 12:30, when we are supposed to be here at 10), but it was fine. It was very quiet here and everyone was in a cheery mood because of the sunny weather. Plus one of my bosses was out today. Thank god. I welcomed the lightened workload for the day. I spent some time doing personal stuff and some time banging out some work crap, ate lunch (egg salad sandwich) at my desk and just had a pre-exercise snack (small bowl of organic cereal with rasp/blueberries), and now the day is practically over.

I had a daydream on the way into work that the firm should start giving each assistant (there are 5 of us total) a "late morning" once a week. Where you can come in 2 hours late on your set morning without having to specifically request it. Someone else could cover your attorneys while you're out. I thought it was sheer brilliance in the moment, but I'm pretty sure that's never gonna happen....Alas. A girl can dream.

I'm thrilled that it's Friday. I need this weekend badly. We were slotted to go see Kevin's parents and sister/sister's husband/sister's tw0-year old 30 minutes outside the city tomorrow, but he's too sick to risk it, especially with a two-year old running around. So we'll stay home. I will miss getting to see them, because we haven't seen them in a while, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't grateful for the unexpected day to myself.

Tonight, I'm going to go kick my own ass at the gym after work. I'll probably have a good hour to spend there and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to do probably 20 minutes on the stair machine and then a bunch of resistance and ab stuff. The power yoga was good this morning, but not enough to count as a resistance day. It will feel good to sweat and strain a little bit.

I'm doing really well on food-consumption this week. I'm not having terrible trouble staying within my points and I'm stopping when I'm full. I'm not sure if not being able to check the scale every morning has helped that or not, but not weighing myself right now is fun. It's actually taken a lot of the focus of off obsessing about the numbers/calories/points and just allowed me to listen to my body. We had chinese food last night (because I was not about to do all the dishes just so I could cook and make more dishes) and I enjoyed it a lot, stopped when I was full, and that was that. And then, as a special treat for the sickling (who ended up not having any at all! hmph!) I brought home Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream! I had about a 1/4 of a cup of it with a sprinkle of some granola on top and it was just to die for. It was plenty, even though it was a very small serving. It tasted so rich and decadent that I didn't need more than the tiny amount.

After the gym tonight, I'm going to meet up with Daniel. We're gonna go get Chipotle (I'll get a salad) and sip cheap margaritas. :) Should be fun. Then we'll probably go back to his apartment (my old apartment) to hang out with our friend Randy, who is moving to LA in a little over a week! Gah! I feel bad leaving Kevin at home alone after he's spent the entire day (actually the last 3 days) sitting on the couch staring at the TV by himself, but he insisted I go out, be social, and enjoy my Friday. What a guy. He's seriously such a sweetness.

My massage last night was really nice. It wasn't the BEST massage I've ever had, but it was perfectly enjoyable. I spent a nice long hour laying on that table letting her pamper the hell out of me and it was lovely. And so cheap! I'm glad I went.

This weekend doesn't involve much: I've got a show on Saturday and a birthday party after the show, but beyond that, I'm gonna relax, exercise, do my yoga, and maybe cook some meals! Oolala! Oh and I'm also in the market for a new camera. I think I'm going to start a new photo blog about something very near and dear to me. So I might try to purchase one this weekend. Fun.

No comments: