Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Today

Yesterday was a good day back on the wagon. I'd exercised the night before, Monday night (long cardio session outside) and that was a good jump start as well. I didn't get to workout yesterday, but I ate reasonably well and avoided too much sugary craptown food. Hoping today will bring the same.

I hopped on the scale this morning, one day after my usual weigh-in day, and was surprised and grateful to find it down another pound! Woot! That means I've lost almost 6 pounds in 5 months. An hilariously small amount compared to the 50 pounds I once lost in 5 months. But I don't have anywhere near 50 pounds to lose now. So I suppose I'll take the 6 pounds and shut up about it.

My goals this week, which remain the same as yesterday, (4 cardio, 3 strength, and eating within points) are a big focus for me right now. I know I'm capable of achieiving them. And every day, lately, I'm reminded of how amazing it is that I've been able to maintain a 100 pound weight loss for 5+ years. I look good, my clothes fit, and the most I ever have to bitch about is not feeling as toned as I'd like to feel. Luckily, I enjoy exercise for the most part.

I plan to go tonight to the gym after work and get in a really good lifting session. Returning to lifting this week might mean a.) my cardio output suffers slightly and b.) the scale might be up next weigh-in, since weight training seems to have that impact on me. But I'm willing to risk it. I feel so much better when I'm lifting.

Planning to have something light for lunch today. Maybe a salad or some sushi. And the same for dinner. Feeling stuffed and bloated are not in the cards for me this week.

1 comment:

Foo said...

Yes!!! you have maintained a 100 lb. weight loss for 5+ years and that IS AMAZING! I am getting used to the snail's pace weight loss for myself. You are doing great and you look amazing in your photos! Way to go Jen!