Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Catch up

I only have a moment to post but I wanted to come be accountable, especially after my week long vacation.

The trip to Charleston, although not exactly a vacation because we were working for most of the time, was a lovely trip. And I did relatively well on the food-front. I promised myself I could have one fast food meal while we were there, and I finally had it on the last day of the trip. Wendy's. But I got the grilled chicken which was burnt and gross, so I mostly just ate fries. Besides that and a couple over-munching episodes involving guacamole, chips, cheese and bread, I did pretty well, I think. I made an effort to eat healthy breakfasts and I avoided more than one big meal in a day, when possible. I definitely ate more points than I wanted to, but I think I controlled the damage successfully. I drank next to nothing booze-wise the entire trip and I had plenty of water. PLUS! I exercised three times. :)

We stayed in the most beautiful house with tons of sunlight and a gorgeous kitchen. It made it very easy to wake up early before everyone else, get in some exercise, and then make myself a healthy breakfast every morning. That made a world of difference.

I haven't been on the scale in a couple days, but I think it's probably up. I'm okay with that. This next week of WW-ing will be a resetting period for me, a post-vacation detox. The week prior to the vacation (which wrapped up during the first few days of the trip) was a great week in terms of healthy living; I ate the least I've eaten in weeks that week. I didn't exercise much but I'm very proud of the food progress I made. My appetite is definitely smaller.

My goals for this upcoming week, which begins anew today are as follows:

4 cardio sessions
3 strength training (at least 2 lifting, but 1 can be pilates)
eat no more than 45 flex points total

I think it's doable. I'm focusing on eating more fruits and veg. Not terribly hard in the summer. I also want to focus on LESS SUGAR. I can eat sweets and crappy sweet shit like a champion. So I'm going to try to curb that this week.

I haven't lifted regularly in about a month I think. Not sure how it got away from me so quickly, but I've got to get back to it. I feel infinitely better about my body when I'm lifting. It's night and day.

I'll check in soon with progress.

1 comment:

Foo said...

Sounds like you managed being away from home and your routine rather well. Reminding ourselves that this is "forever" I think really keeps us on track. I love that you and Jess refer to it as WW-ing, think I'll do the same :o)