Monday, October 13, 2008

Veggie Lasagna

In response to your requests :) here's the veggie lasagna recipe I made yesterday. I liked it because it called for more veggies than just spinach, but it did not call for mushrooms, which I do not care for. A friend who's a talented cook was over last night and he said "Veggie lasagna will take almost any vegetable you put into it." So I figure you can use whatever you want, including mushrooms, if that's your thing.

It's yummy.

A few caveats:

I did not make the tomato-basil-sauce that they give you a recipe for, I just used regular chunky tomato sauce from a jar.

And I cut my lasagna into 12 portions, not the 8 servings it suggests here. It just depends on how big you want the pieces, of course.

Also, I thought maybe a little less than the suggested 1/2 a cup of water poured along the edges at the end would have sufficed.

And lastly, I stuck mine in the broiler for about two minutes after it was done baking to get the cheese nice and brown on top.

No comments: