Thursday, March 13, 2008

floridian.

Allllright. So, I thought I'd check in. Frankly, it's partially to stave off the intense hunger I'm feeling right now. It's a bit too early to have lunch but I'm going to have to cave and eat something soon. I'm seriously ravenous. In fact, I've been ravenous since 7pm last night. I've eaten since then, trust me, but I'm insatiable right now.

Luckily, though, it doesn't feel like the death sentence it can sometimes be, this voracious hunger. Because I think it means I'm losing weight. :)

I've been working out pretty regularly and I'm finally seeing some results from the hard work I've been doing. I find that my body generally responds that way after a hiatus. It takes weeks sometimes for my body to go "Ohhhokay, we're doing this again? Okay, I can let go of some of these pounds." The same is true in reverse. If I'm in a really good place and I have a few bad days in a row, my body doesn't really register it. It just keeps on burning through it.

Hopefully I can work this in my favor for a little while. With a trip to Tampa on the horizon (we leave tomorrow night and come back Tuesday night) I'll need it. Although for some reason I don't anticipate this trip being a food fest. There's a lovely workout facilty at our resort. And the weather itself just begs to be exercised in. So I'm hoping to get in at least a couple workouts. And I find I don't usually eat a ton on trips like this. I'm so conscious of potentially overeating that I'll undereat without even realizing it. That said, WE'LL SEE. Ya know? I'll be drinkin', that I do know.

Things are good though, on this front. I feel slimmer, I'm loving my time at the gym. I'm consistently working out 3 times a week (combo of lifting, pilates, and cardio), which is not perfect, but consistency is key and I'm pretty happy with the results right now. Maybe it will bump up to 4 times a week as the weather gets warmer.

No comments: