Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhyessssss...

She's talkative today...

The food at those deli buffets is always slightly less edible than you want it to be. It terms of inedibility, however, nothing quite rivals the egg sandwich I got from europa this morning which was not egg whites, like I paid for, and did not have cheese in it, like I paid for, but did have an egg shell in it, which I did not pay for. I decided not to call back and complain, though. Which felt nice and relaxing.

I'm finally out of that awful Hotel Death job. I had really resigned myself to the oppression that was that experience when I was in it, but now that I'm out of it, oh MAAAAAN, FUCK you, Hotel Death. FUCK you. Life outside of you is humane. So much so that I woke up slightly hungover this morning with maybe four hours of sleep under my belt to go to fill in at my old law firm job for a couple days and actually said aloud, "I'm so excited to be going to work right now." Whhhuut. What world is this. Yesterday I was wearing corporate attire and heels, clicking a mouse a for hours and hours while not being allowed to traverse the blessed interweb. Today I'm wearing jeans, a cotton summer dress and flip flops, being paid to surf the net, work on HST bizz, and generally do whatever the eff I please, while occasionally doing some "job" related tasks that I don't remotely remind doing at all because hello, it's fun. And I didn't have to be here until 10. And it's not Hotel Death. And this chair isn't stained with something brown. Get it?

We leave for Charleston verrrrry soon! Tonight I must pack and clean and do laundry and tomorrow night I'll run some errands, go see some shows, and go to a partaaaay for some awesome dudes I know before retiring reasonably early sos I can get into that damn van at 6am on Saturday morning. Oh baby baby it's gonna be fun. And Kev's coming with us down south. That makes me pretty happy. Pretty pretty happy.

I'm so looking forward to chilling out at home tonight. I'll be there alone with my sweet kitten and it's so nice outside and there's watchable tv on and I can putter around and get mah shit done. I love nights like this.

Oh impending vacation, you make everything taste so good.

No comments: