Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Another one!

Today is my last day at miserable temp job 2007, which, incidentally, has taken place at one of New York's fanciest hotels. If I were a better planner-ahead, and if I hadn't lost the cord that connects the camera to the computer, I would have taken some sneaky photos of the place for blog'ssake. Like, maybe I'd take a photo of one of the restaurant receipts where a glass of orange juice is six dollars and a bowl of special K is nine dollars and a cup of coffee is four dollars and a full meal can run you upwards of $1000. And, uh, I've seen the kitchen where they're preparing these things. Go to another restaurant, I beg you.

Instead, here's this photo:



I'm presently eating oatmeal.

I woke up at 5am. Daniel: "Jen. Jen. The door is open and the cat is missing." What. "We've got to go get him." By 'we' he meant 'me' because when I (not he) opened the back door, where was the cat but relaxing in his back yard garden looking like he was about to have a go down the child-size slide. Crisis averted. Or, crisis never existed. Scary, though, is that the back door was wide open. He pushed it open. The cat. Pushed the door open. Which I apparently neglected to lock when I went outside around 11pm. Details details. Can't be bothered.

My wallet's gone again also. (Ohhh, details, okay...I get it.) This time it's for real, I'm certain. I think someone slipped it out of my bag on the subway. That's never happened to me in nine years of living in New York. First I had it, then I didn't. I had a rough afternoon yesterday.

I'm thinking I need to find something. Else. Like...to....grab onto...believe in....reach back for...when...whatever...you know? Anyone follow? I don't do organized religion, so that won't work, but...something. Something.

It will be a life saving moment when I walk out of these doors tonight at 5:01pm and never return. I've hated this gig, it's hated me, and I can't wait to find some other way to spend my weekdays.

No comments: