Thursday, August 21, 2008

As far as dessert goes...

I'm having mine post-lunch right now. It's a chocolate brownie flavored organic fiber bar, called Gnu Bar, that I think tastes perfectly akin to a brownie, and is 140 calories and has a shit ton of fiber (2 ww points). And it's organic people. I'm having half of it right now, for a measly 70 cals, with some organic crunchy PB on it (meaning some more cals - heh heh). So it basically tastes like a double chocolate brownie surprise delight bar. Okay?

I'm having water too, because I haven't been having enough of it lately.

It is clearly a late-summer lunch hour in this office right now. So quiet.

I just got back from traveling to Daniel's house - my old house - to chat for a bit on my lunch break. It's gorgeous hot, almost too hot. I should have had some sunscreen on. I stopped to get a mini bagel with cream cheese and tomato slices from my very favorite bagel store in my old neighborhood; I ate that and half a peach and a small part of the salad I brought from home (salad: spinach, green peppers, feta, cranberries) but I was so generally full from the mini bagel and peach and several bites of salad that I couldn't finish the salad. And ain't no way I was slowing down on that bagel to spare me the room.

It was a delicious lunch. And I would love to have something else, but I didn't bring anything else so the joke's on me. And I'll have the other half of my Gnu Bar later today. And I've got bananas if things look desperate.

I am taking a pilates class tonight at the gym on 23rd and Park. I had to make a reservation because I guess that's a particularly full class (most of the locations don't require a reservation) so I made one first thing this morning when I got to work. That felt good to do. I'm looking forward to the class.

Can you tell I'm into gym classes this bi-week? I went to yoga last night for an hour at 7:30. Felt GREAT. Fuh real. Much better teacher than the last time, possibly a slightly easier class in terms of how much effort we exerted (and she skipped some poses that I was hoping to do) but she was generally much more clear about what we were doing, how it helps us, what to look for, all without talking too much. That was nice. I did a tiny bit, maybe 10 mins or less, of very light lifting just before the class began. Can't even really feel the lifting today. Maybe tomorrow. Hope not.

Yesterday on my lunch break I did 40 mins of cardio in the park! That was really good because it made me feel like I could enjoy yoga without it needing to be my only workout for the day. I ran for 30 and walked for 10 and it was HOT out there. I pushed through it at points, for sure. Lots of hills too.

And to round out the overreporting about my input/output, I had a single slice of cheese pizza for dinner after my yoga class and before my improv show. I debated for a long while about that decision because I sorta wanted to wait until I got home to eat something new and interesting from my TJ's bounty, but I also generally burn myself out if I wait until after these shows to eat dinner. It's a lesson I've learned (and suffered through in the form of an inevitable late night stomach-ache)time and again. So I grabbed the damn slice, even though it finished out my points for the day, and enjoyed every bite. I tried to have a little chocolate soy cream when I got home but I wasn't even hungry so I only had a few bites.

My improv show was a lot of fun last night. My team had such a blast doing the show and it was a pretty good one, I think.

This morning for breakfast, inspired by this blog, which my friend Jess linked to recently, I had oatmeal with a bunch of good shit in it: blueberries, strawberries, some almond butter, a couple almonds, a tab of honey. Couldn't finish it. It was too much food. (Whut.) It was quite delicious.

So those are the mundane and finite details of my life in the last 12 hours as it relates to you know what.

I anticipate the rest of this day at work being slightly boring, perhaps I'll drum up some old filing to do or find another way to be productive. Perhaps not. We'll see. ;)

Hanging out with friend Adam tonight before he leaves for Burning Man. No idea what we'll do but I suppose I'll need dinner so it will involve that.

Almost the weekend! Our landladies gave us a gift certificate to a Tex Mex place in our 'hood as a thank you for caring for their cats when they were away. Can't wait to use it up - maybe soon.

Update: just had this affirming chat with the boyfriend:

him: oh man i just made the most amazing meal
me: ha
him: thanks for the shopping hon
me: you're welc. what did you make
him: sauteed chicken, chopped red onion, garlic, spinach with the pasta (org. whole wheat pasta we boiled the other night) and crumbled feta. brilliant
me: haa
him: dunno what its called
me: that's great babe! i bet it's delish
him: i'll make it for ya if ya'd like
me: aw, sure! feels productive, don't it
him: feels good yes dear.
me: good.
him: ok gonna go eat it.

No comments: