Friday, August 29, 2008

Homeward Bound, Jet Plane, etc.

Leaving my office in about 15 minutes for the airport! Wahoo! I do love to travel. :)

I didn't workout yesterday, I was so exhausted when I got home from work. I did some very light yoga, mostly for body alignment and relaxation, during Obama's speech last night. But beyond that, it wasn't happening.

Kevin had a crazy day yesterday with unexpected things popping up for his project last minute. And he's been on the phone all morning this morning as he is packing and getting things organized at home. I really feel for him. Little does he know that last week I scheduled a surprise massage for him for tomorrow morning once we're in Crystal Lake (the suburb I'm from). :) I've had to bite my tongue to keep from telling him. I'll tell him once we're on the plane.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he had to field a phone call or two this weekend about this stupid gig. Proud of him, though. It's been a tough month.

We ended up using our dinner gift certificate last night. The place was a short walk from our house - I can't believe we never knew it was there! It was so nice to walk through the neighborhood, the meal was yummy (nothing spectacular but certainly worth going again), and we had nice conversation with dinner.

I had a glass of rose, Kevin had a margarita, we shared the guacamole as an appetizer, and we each ordered a burrito for our main course. I only ate half of mine and was sufficiently stuffed. I brought the rest home to have for lunch today at work, but then I forgot it at home!! I'm actually gonna call Kevin now to see if he'll bring it with him to the airport. We got to order free lunch at work today (last Friday of every month) and we ordered from Chop't, this salad place that's popular in the city. My salad, although probably my own fault for choosing weird ingredients, was NASTY. I can't even eat it! I'm so bummed. I was hoping a big salad would be the perfect fiber infusion to keep me full for the plane ride. I always get really hungry when traveling. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. I have a couple bananas with me and I just had a handful of trail mix. We'll see. Might have to get in a jog tonight when I get to my mom's house.

Last night we watched Wednesday night's speeches that we had recorded and then we watched Obama. Good tv. Then we went to BED. So zapped.

I'm going to kill a girl at my job. That's all.

Okay! Have a good weekend everyone!! I'm going to try to make healthy choices and get in some exercise, but also, vacation!!!

No comments: