Monday, September 18, 2006


I can't sleep. Not that it's really late or anything, but I was hoping to fall asleep early tonight so as to ensure a timely arrival at the workstead tomorrow. Blech.

So I have the details on my mind: laundry, groceries, exercise, I should probably consider changing departments at work, improv and sketch comedy are both getting busy, I need to clean my dumb room, I'd like to paint this room too, some day, it's fall. You know. The details.

The conversation I had with my boss on Friday was a little eye opening. I don't think I'm gonna be happiest trying to satisfy this woman's expectations; they feel a little unreasonable. That might just be me, but regardless, putting effort into impressing her and changing her opinion of my "recent performance" seems like a futile, uphill kinda battle. I'm not sure I can win with her and I'm not sure I want to try. I wonder if I might just cut my losses and move departments. It's an open option, one that I might be wise to explore. Ugh, these grownup decisions. I don't even clean my room.

Clean my room. Anybody.

Oh and HST had a kickA$$ show last night. It was so fun, lotsa people came out, and aside from the tipsy fellow in the front row burping in my ear during the marionette sketch, nothing but excellent awesome stuff happened -- and who are we kidding, the burp was a welcome surprise all the same. (But, the picture above is from last year.)

Drinks afterwards. Drunk. Lovely, cherished friends. Lucky, lucky girl. Nice lazy day today. Back to it tomorrow morning.

Sleep, grace me with your presence, eh?

2 comments:

JessiferSeabs said...

Dude, I'd clean your room for you. I'm awesome at that. And honestly, thinking about your messy room has ME a little stressed out. But that's just the OCD kicking in.
HEY - here's an idea, since I really am craving a nice fall weekend in NYC, you buy my plane fare, I'll clean your room! Deal? Deal.

~J

Jen said...

DEAL! HAAA. I love it.

(You don't wanna clean my room. TRUST me.)