Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I wondered to myself just now, "If I've quit talking to an old boyfriend, eliminated him from my life, complete with an email to him explaining why I'm not interested in carrying on any sort of platonic relationship, is it creepy if I still look at his myspace page at least once every two days?" And by creepy, I mean unnatural and contradictory and completely pathetic.

I'm over him. TRUST me. I'm over him. I'll have a fist fight with you over how over him I promise I am. But something compels me to look at his stupid myspace page. (I mean, I do have this pesky boredom issue I'm constantly trying to quell while at the workplace so I've probably seen every myspace ever created, even yours.) It's like the one window into what's going on in his life that I'll still allow myself. As much as I sometimes wish I hadn't had to institute the ol' Never Speak Again clause, as much as I still have some nostalgia in my wee heart for the poor chump, as much as I sometimes hope I bump into him on the street some day so I can say "Hi!" and smile at him so he doesn't feel unloved in life, I know that it would just be like baiting a fish hook with a cancer worm and catching a cancer fish if I were to reach out to him in any way. So instead I look at the poor kid's poor myspace page. And then I write my very first blog entry about it.

If only I had a digital camera. I'd take a picture of myself reading his myspace page. Because photo blogs are cool.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

catching a CANCER FISH????