Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I had a difficult commute to work this morning, complete with "troubled train" and "idiot girl who wouldn't move out of the way" and "deli guy who refuses to turn around and acknowledge that I'd like to place an order even though we're both perfectly aware that he knows I'm standing there." Oof.

Perhaps those who know me best will find the following concept amusing, but I tend to think of myself as a pretty laid back person, at least when it comes to stuff like this. Unless I'm running seriously late for something, living in New York for eight years has forced me to refine my ability to breathe, relax, and be compassionate toward my fellow city-dweller - cuz, ya know, we all gotta get where we're going.

I was not running late this morning, but I was all stressed about getting here on time because my boss breathed fire into my soul last week and now I'm afraid of her and the things she writes down on her dumb note pad. I think it's time: I'm gonna look for a new job. Because, I mean, nobody likes themselves when they're hatin on the deli guy. Who needs that. He's really nice most of the time.


1 comment:

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Are they going to can you?