Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Minor Setback

So this morning was week 2, weigh in. I gained 1.2. This is okay with me. I lost 3.4 or whatever it was last week, so this is a minor setback and still gives me a total loss of 2.2 pounds in these two weeks and I'm okay with that.

First of all, I have been sick for the last week. As I mentioned in my last entry, the flu part of it didn't really come to fruition until Saturday, but I was feeling uneasy and not like myself starting on Monday of last week. So I only exercised Monday and Tuesday and then felt way too blech to do anything for the rest of the week. This is a shame, because the last two weeks have been pretty pathetic in terms of exercise - the first week was due to being busy and not interested in exercise, and the second week was due to sickness. So it's a wash. I hope to make up for it in the coming days, as I get better.

Also, I started my period yesterday morning. So I'm sure the weight gain has something to do with that as well. ALSO, because I was sick, not only was I not exercising, but I was literally not moving at all, practically, for about 72 hours straight. I walked to the deli once or twice to get some fresh air but that's about it. So I feel a little fatter than usual today. I mentioned that to Kevin, however, and he got very upset and told me not to say things like that about myself. Yikes. Sweet boyfriend.

Anyway, the point is, I could have done better this past week as well, but my heart was in it when the week began. Sickness and period derailed things a bit, but I'm not sweating it. As usual, I feel rejuved by the prospect of kicking off a fresh, new week, with 35 more flex points on the books and a whole 7 days in which to exercise and eat well.

I ate 19 points over flex this past week. Down from 23 the week before. It's not ideal, no, but the progress, although slight, cannot be overlooked. So that's 54 down from 58 (down from the 75 I was eating per week for a while). I feel good about that.

Practice makes fucking progress, right Weight Watchers?

Alright. Back to Tuesday.

No comments: