Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Weigh in...

Well, lovely news. After a workout yesterday and relatively mindful eating in hopes of correcting some damage done over the weekend, I lost 3.4 pounds this week! This is good news.

Again, I didn't really have a stellar week, but it wasn't a terrible week either. I ended up eating 59 flex points...which is 24 more than they want me to have, but about 15 less than I've been eating lately, so it's progress. I didn't workout nearly as much as I like to either, but I got in two good cardio sessions (and I plan to improve that this week) so I feel like it's a start.

Like I've said a few times, it's really nice to be back within the WW system, tracking online and being immersed in the lingo and the rewards system. It's a community like any other so it's nice to feel like I've returned to my roots in terms of weight loss. And it works as well as it always has. I'm really pleased with this loss. I might even eventually return to meetings just to mix things up.

I am standing at the beginning of a whole new week...35 new flex points, 7 days in which to decide to exercise and make good food choices. Another thing I've always loved about WW is the renewal process that occurs at the beginning of each week. It really feels like you hit reset and have another shot. So I'm excited to do well this week.

As I said yesterday, my goals for this week are: exercise 4 times, stay within 35 flex. That seems pretty reasonable.

I had a sensible breakfast this morning...but I just now had a cookie...so I hope to get some fruits and vegs in at lunchtime. And hopefully a workout later this evening.

No comments: