Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Naturally

...the scale was DOWN this morning two pounds from yesterday's number. Apparently the ol' bod just needed 24 more hours to let go of some of the water weight from being a lady. And had today been weigh in, I would have shown a loss, as opposed to a gain for the week. But today is not weigh in and the next weigh in isn't for another six days. Such is life. (But if today WERE weigh in, I would have lost a total of 5 pounds in two weeks! Wahoo! But it wasn't. So.) No big deal. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing (plus a little more exercise, minus a little more food) until next Tuesday and hope my efforts are reflected.

I have really had such a minimal appetite since this sickness hit. And I'm not complaining about that. Jen with a weak appetite is a RARE thing in this world and has probably only happened a combined 15 times in my whole life. So I'll take it. Yesterday I didn't want anything besides soup. And then when I got home and got some dinner, I suddenly couldn't taste anything (this flu seems to have morphed into a head/chest cold) which made eating that much less interesting. I'd also bought a some cookies at the deli so daniel and i could each have one and I didn't even have all mine because who wants calories they can't taste. So, yah.

Off to Charleston in a couple hours. Looking forward to the trip. I think that despite the fact that this is an HST trip, the likes of which usually includes drinking and staying up late, this will end up being a somewhat restful time for me. I'm going to opt to stay in on the nights everyone else goes out. I just can't risk getting sicker. I'm getting over this damn bug slowly but surely and I refuse to encounter setbacks. This illness has been the bane. So I got some magazines and a book to read and i'll bring my gym clothes so i can spend some time at the hotel gym if i'm feeling up to it and I think i'll generally lay low while every else gets their drink on. It's not ideal; of course i'd rather be well and be able to go out and have fun, but this will be just fine. We get back Saturday afternoon and I have Monday off work for MLK day, so I will have time to recoup once back in the city. It should be a nice long break from work, almost a week in fact, and I think the freetime will do me some good. Of course we'll be busy in Charleston. We have a tv interview and a radio interview and two shows to perform and other shows to see, but I plan to get some SLEEP also. :)

Feelin a little bit better today. It's nice.

No comments: