Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I guess I don't really know how to use macs.

How the hell do you right click on something? I'd so be posting an hilarious photo right now (because Keith is a wizard) if I could just figure out how to save the bugger onto the ol' desktop. Alas.

Sooooo I'm temping at the new gig. Not bad atall. In fact, we worked some yesterday but today has been DEAD - something about some files not being ready or whatever. I'm making nice bank for this bullshit. And everyone comes in super late every day. I suppose I shouldn't knock it. This is a wonderful institution and I hope to be taking advantage of their lack of organization and office-hours-as-gentle-guideline-or-suggestion for weeks to come.

I'm trying to be good, lately. That means a buncha stuff. But just interpret as you'd like.

We had Thai last night in Park Slope. And I picked up a piece of the garlic shrimp that I'd already eaten most of and pressed it between my fingers, trying to squeeze the last little bit of shrimpy yum yum out of its tail before I cast it aside. And like a scene right out of Pretty Woman, that little shit shrimp tail popped right out of my fingers and flew several feet into the air, hitting the woman next to me. Yikes. And we'd JUST been talking about how I'm a clutz and a risk taker. Whatever. I like to do stuff fast and without thought. Everybody should! ;)

Here's the main thing...and I think about this probably once a day: any single one of us could die at any moment...any FUCKING MOMENT. In an instant. And that's the saddest thing I can imagine. Because we sure spend a lot of time complaining about our jobs and our social dramas and our landlords and the subway. So silly.

No comments: