Thursday, April 12, 2007

Not sure exactly why but today's a pretty good day.

Despite the rotten rainy blech blech outside, this day is a pretty good one. I'm not sure why, but I'll take it! Right?

1.) Sarah's a wonderful person and she referred me to a posting she saw about a temp assignment starting soon. I applied last week, I interviewed today, and I booked it before I left their building. I start on Monday. Nice. It's only for a couple weeks, but they want me for a more permanent position - it almost sounds like I just have to say yay or nay and the fulltime gig is mine! Hi, health insurance? You taste yummy. But we'll see. I want to focus on my comedy stuff, so we'll see....The temp portion pays pretty well and I have another gig lined up for the week after this one ends. As Sarah said to me yesterday, "There's plenty of work to be had in this town." Agreed. (Sadly, I might have to do a bit of fibbing to be able to take both temp jobs, as one might end up overlapping with the other...but when has that stopped me.)

2.) Look! We put up new videos! Oh they're funny stuff. Kevin really helped us out by having his guys do editing and sound stuff on these new videos, so they look awesome.

3.) I think I'm finding that life, this year anyway, is a lot about balancing the personalities of a bunch of different people at one time. Social environments are all around us and interacting with others is part of the job description. Everyone's different. Some people have the same world view as you, some have the exact opposite, some aren't even working within the same operating system. It's easy to get furious. It's worth it to get zen. I'll let you know when I finally finish the magic elixir that solves this bugger of a challenge.

4.) Waking up this morning was niiiice. It was all rainy out and I was all warm. I've always liked Thursdays. Always. When I was a kid I had day of the week underpants and Thursdays were the best pair. They had dark lilac colored hearts on them. Excuse me, but that's basically my idea of perfect panties.

5.) I had a nice time at the bar last night, left at a reasonable hour, and wasn't drunk at all. Sweet.

6.) I love my friends. They are all really wonderful, smart, funny, loving people.*

* No, I have not recently taken any ectasy. Can't I just be manically jovial? ;)

No comments: