Friday, November 02, 2007

<3

I posted something a while back about my professional life since college graduation, but I realized it was an entirely too-long-and-detailed post to subject innocent people to its vastness, so I took it down. Better left as a private note to myself, right?

I just want you to know that I love my job. I'm very happy about working here again. And I hope that if I ever get frustrated as hell about this place or sick and tired of it, the way one can get about any job after a period of time, that I will reread these words and remember that I'm lucky to be back here.

I can wear what I want. Understand? This matters to me BIG. FUCKING. TIME. Why? Who knows. It's just who I am. I hate restrictions. My friend Ryan always used to tell me I'm a "don't box me in" kinda girl. I never really understood that. I do now. Don't box me the fuck in.

I don't have to be here until 10. Understand? This matters to me BIG. FUCKING. TIME. It means I can stay up late and do stuff.

I enjoy the content of the work because it's interesting as hell (music law) and I enjoy the people because they're super nice and down to earth. I'm treated with respect and I get free lunch sometimes. Like today. Amazing pasta with sun-dried tomatoes.

....and I've just spent the last four hours writing these few paragraphs because this day is so crazy busy.

Sigh. I still love it, though.

No comments: