Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Spoiled.

On a lighter note, I'm pretty crazy about my boyfriend. Some of his friends read this so I apologize in advance for any cutesy-ness you'll have to witness, but I taking back my own damn blog this time. He's pretty great and I'm pretty glad about it. He does plenty of things, daily, that make me feel this way, and had he NOT taken me on a special surprise birthday celebration day on Saturday, I would still feel this way, but he did take me on a special surprise birthday celebration day on Saturday. But he DID. :D

First we woke up (how much of this am I supposed to tell, Kevin? i won't talk about the sex, how bout that? that seems fair, right? hello? kevin?) and I sat up in bed and closed my eyes so he could give me my first (and favorite) present, a Calvin & Hobbes book called Homocidal Psycho Jungle Cat, which I do not own and have not read and cannot be happier to now possess. THEN, we left the apartment to go to a surprise location. The surprise location turned out to be a fancy pants spa where I would be treated to AND HOUR AND A HALF OF MASSAGE AND REFLEXOLOGY. If you don't know me, you don't know that I am newly in love with reflexology. Luckily, Kevin knows me. And it. was. bliss. Omg. It was incredible. He had our good friend Clayton ask his boyfriend Joe, who is a massage therapist, to recommend someone and he recommended his favorite woman in the city. And jesus christ. Yup. She was to die for. It was a life altering experience, that massage, where things happened like breathing passages that I didn't know existed opening up in ways I didn't know I could feel. It was pretty transcendent.

And Kevin went to Starbucks and read the paper while I was in there. So sweet.

Then we went to another surprise location (because I like surprises. so what.) for brunch. A place called Five Points.



OHhhh delicious. I really enjoyed it a lot. The atmosphere was awesome, the food was awesome. We sat in this one small portion of the restaurant that is bathed in natural light in the one table right in the middle. And I had two mimosas. Slurp.



If you look closely you can see the first item on the menu is Churros with Mexican Hot Chocolate. We got those too. OMG. (In this picture they sort of look funny, but they were funny DELICIOUS.)



My meal was so fucking yummy:



Then there was a period of time that shall remain unaccounted for on this blog. Hubba hubba. (Annoyed yet, honey?)

And then we went to the Apple Store and I got another present. :o)

So, it was a pretty perfect day. And I told him that he could have spent a tiny percentage of the money he spent and I still would have been happy. It's true. I'm not a things-person. But I felt spoiled. And being spoiled for one day won't rot yer teeth.

No comments: