Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Hallows Eve

I had such a great time last night.

I suppose my posting has been relatively minimal lately. In fact, I don't even remember what I've updated about and what I haven't. But things are good. Work is great, comedy is great, boyfriend is excellent, cat is still nuts, roommate relations are good, exercise is reasonable. I feel pretty happy. Though, I haven't had much time at all for leisurely things like posting on this blog (or doing my laundry or fighting off this cold I seem to have collected somewhere along the way).

But there's been plenty to blog about, certainly, and I come into work each morning hoping to have time to write, but it never pans out. Work is hectic too. However, the main complication is that my computer at work is inSANEly slow. It's got a mere 256 MB of memory which is apparently pathetically little. And it's next to impossible to get stuff done efficiently during the day, let alone, navigate between websites. I'm getting a memory upgrade soon, thank god. I seriously need it. When I try to toggle between windows it sometimes takes a full 90 seconds JUST to open the new screen. Do you have any idea how long 90 seconds is when you're staring at a frozen computer screen? While someone really 'important' is on hold waiting for the information you're supposed to be looking up? At a law firm? Where shit moves fast? It's maddening and feels like I'm working on a tin can from 1987.

And it also reminds me that we as a culture have become very impatient. Or perhaps just I, as a culture, have become impatient.

Anyway, I had a great time last night.

First of all, it was my good friend Fanny's birthday. Her name is Faryn. We call her Fanny. And she loves cookies and sweets. So we all went to this chocolate restaurant for dinner. Delish. Everyone was dressed up for Halloween and it was adorable. I was dressed as a rabbit (and Kevin was dressed as a rabbit hunter.) Then we had to rush out to go do a show at the PIT. I was still dressed as a rabbit, but Kevin had to change into something else for the show. I truly and sincerely hope he'll green light me putting some photos of the event up on here because oh my good god, you want to see them.

Anyway, the shows were a blast - very festive and spooky-feeling. Everyone had such fantastic costumes and their performances were equally wacky. Nothing like a good holiday to spice up your improv. Afterwards, there was a keg and other party favors to go around so I hung out with friends and chatted and laughed the night away. It wasn't until 12am when Kev and I were cuttin a rug on the dance floor like we were the only two souls in the room that we realized that it was a lot later than we thought it was and we were supposed to meet back up with the Fanny Party. But it was too late and we missed out. I was bummed.

So we went home to eat pizza and stay up even later instead. :) Fun fun so much fun.

I had a few beers at the party but I have been drinking so infrequently lately that that was all I needed. I was pretty tipsy and I definitely made the most of it.

This week and next week feel so super-charged to me. There's so much exciting, rewarding stuff going on. Costumes yesterday, a fun dinner out tomorrow night, and Saturday (!) is a very exciting day (!) because Kevin is surprising me with some birthday activities that he won't reveal. All I know is that I wasn't allowed to make plans on Saturday. So THAT sounds like the right idea.

Then next week is even more intense. I'm doing FIVE shows next week - three improv, two sketch. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. And Thursday is my birthday party. Oof! I'm really looking forward to it though. I love the way it all fell into place like this. It makes me feel fantastic to know I'll get to perform so much next week because it's the perfect way to celebrate turning 27.

I can't wait to put up pictures of Halloween. Don't die when you see them.

No comments: