Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I forgot to add! My boyfriend started working out!! This is hugely great news for several reasons:
1. He hasn't actively exercised in years and I worry about his health because I'm a nice jewish mother. I can already notice a difference in his moods and sleep habits.
2. When he didn't work out it was hard for me to gather up the motivation to go myself as often as I want to. "If he's not doing it, why should I be?" I'd usually go anyway, but sometimes I wouldn't. It's so much easier to suck it up now that I feel like he can relate.
3. It's something new and fun we can do together. It's so rewarding to be able to both work towards certain goals and feel like we can support each other and share in the activity itself and the healthy lifestyle as a whole. We don't workout together all the time, he's been going by himself sometimes too, but when we go together it's fun.
4. I feel a little bit competitive with him, the newbie, about how much he's exercising. I've actually gotten up off my ass and headed to the gym on several occassions in the last week when I might not have if he hadn't already gone to the gym that day. The jerk. ;)

So all in all, it's a good thing and a nice positive addition to my healthy lifestyle pursuits. It's been a lovely change of pace. I told him he can't overdo it, burn out in a month, and quit on me, because I can't go back to doing it all alone. I know he won't though.

No comments: