Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I haven't written because I haven't had much to say that seems noteworthy.

But here's an update:

Things were going very well in this regard before we went to Florida. Things are still going okay.

Florida was lovely - I certainly ate and drank more than I'd hoped to, but less than I could have, for sure. I was relatively restrained at almost every meal. I also exercised a lot while we were there! That was a big victory. I did a nice long session at the resort's gym one day, a walk on the beach another day, and a pilates class too. It was really nice and I was proud of myself for doing that. We got lots of sun and I felt pretty refreshed when we returned.

It was a bit difficult to jump back onto the healthy eating bandwagon when I got back to New York. Not impossible, but a bit difficult. I definitely overate a bit the week after the vacation too. This past week things were back to normal a bit.

I'm still eating over my flex points each and every single week like clock work. Some weeks it's 23 points over, one week (vacation week) it was closer to 50. 25-30 is the norm. That's that many points OVER my flex.

I'm not sure what this is about. There was a time when I could eat 35 flex points and no more each week without trouble. Granted, I almost always went 2-8 over, but nothing like 30. And that's the norm now.

Like I've mentioned before, exercise is going well. I have been earning 8-12 APs most weeks since January 1. I am extremely conservative with how many APs I call the workouts I do. I used to really over-estimate, I think, and what's the point of working out if I just gobble all those calories back up. So I'm conservative. For me, the 8-12 APs are 3-4 good workouts a week. I'm satisified with that.

So it's really just the extra eating I've got to work on. And as we all know, that takes time.

Today marks three months to the day since I started this challenge for myself back in January. I've lost 4 pounds (as of today - which I think is high from PMS, but that's the number we'll call it) total in these three months. It's really not great. But it's not bad. Same ol'. I do desire very much to put a larger dent in things, but practice makes progress and that's really all I can do.

It's very interesting to look back over the numbers of these last three months and see how consistently I eat each week, even if it's consistenly "over" my points. I'm a queen at weight maintenance. And lucky for me (and not lucky for my scale) I have a boyfriend who adores me and doesn't care if i never lose another pound. Great. Thanks a lot, Kev. ;)

So, like every day, like every Tuesday, like the beginning of every month, I have a chance to start over and work to keep things under control.

I've eaten all my points so far today and it's only 7pm. I splurged on Pad Thai at lunch. But that's okay. I'll go workout after work and have something very light for dinner. Sweets are the death of me lately. I can't get enough. Perhaps I can find a lo-fat option at the grocery store. I know I can. It's just choosing to do it.

1 comment:

JessiferSeabs said...

It used to be much easier for me as well, and lately it's not. Stress? Drama? Boredom? Change? Who knows -- the point is, you and I have both been at this so long that the program SHOULD be like second nature. But I guess, like they say, this is a lifelong struggle. I used to never eat over my APs... now I'm the same way as you -- consistently over by about 24 each week. WTF?

Sounds like you did a great job on vacation. I'd say that just getting in those workouts is a victory in and of itself!

Welcome home!