Monday, April 07, 2008

Weigh-In Eve

So, it's been another interesting week for me. Up until last night, in fact, I'd had one of the better weeks I'd had in a while in terms of WW. I'd exercised four times, including several cardio sessions that included running, which has been a welcome re-edition to my exercise routine. Best of all, finding ourselves with a few hours to kill yesterday afternoon, Kevin and I ended up meeting at the gym in between activities. We totally motivated each other to do a nice 50 minutes on the treadmill, over 30 of which were running for both of us. This is awesome for him. And for me. But it's a huge achievement for him - he just started exercising two weeks ago.

That workout was particularly great. And my eating all week, although by no means perfect, was better than it had been in weeks prior. I went into last night's birthday dinner for my roommate with a pretty good record for the week. But then we ate and drank to our heart's content and it looks like it'll be another week of using 35 more flex points than I'm allowed. Last night's dinner (including drinks) was 30 points on its own. So...basically...had I not gone to that dinner, I would have had a very OP week. But I wanted to go and I'm glad I went and I wouldn't trade it. So I think that's important to realize. If someone came up to me and said, "You will have a perfect week this week in terms of your healthy lifestyle, but as a tradeoff, you can't go to Daniel's birthday dinner," I would have said HELL no. So. That sheds some nice light on my priorities for me.

I wasn't too torn up about the 30 point meal to begin with. I never am anymore, devastated after I eat something I shouldn't. It's life.

I'm not sure what to expect on the scale at tomorrow's WI. But I don't particularly care. It would be nice to see a loss, but I did so well this week that I'll use that as my yard stick, not the scale.

3 comments:

Foo said...

Awesome to have a new workout partner and running for 30 minutes is incredible for only being at it two weeks, woohoo!

I too am struggling with the scale being my judge and jury when I know for a fact I did well - even if it says otherwise. Fuck the stupid scale.

Jen said...

Fuck the stupid scale. I totally agreed. Fuck that thing. Grrrr...

JessiferSeabs said...

Awesome accomplishments this week. And how wonderful that yer man is working out with you (i wish i wish i wish for that).

I am also apprehensive of what my WI this week will bring (either on friday or saturday morning, TBD), but I also know that I've done much better this week than in the past. Not necessarily in terms of exercise, but eating / drinking for sure.