Saturday, April 12, 2008

quickleeee

I'm at Kevin's, heading out the door to meet friends at my house for the painting extravaganza... but I wanted to post a quick update.

Last night was a big success for me, health-wise. I went to the gym after work...I was really looking forward to being there. I'd had a difficult and rainy day and I was exhausted and I just wanted to meditate in that way that exercise allows you to.

I started lifting, and lifted for 25 minutes, when some personal trainer guy came down to the weights area, which had thinned out considerably, but it's Friday night, so I wasn't surprised. He said, "We close at 8." And I looked at the clock and it was 8:05. Fuuuuck. The best laid plans, right? I hadn't even gotten to do half of the workout I had planned. I was pissed to say the least. But THEN he said, you can go to the 24 hour location on 52 and Broadway.

So I did! I went upstairs, got my shit, and left the gym. I was a little concerned about time, because I had to meet a friend at 9:30, but I figured there was still plenty of time to get some cardio in. So I walked the couple blocks to the other gym (I go to NYSC which is like the Starbucks of gyms in NYC. There's one on every corner, it seems.) and arrived only a couple minutes later, still feeling the tingle from my lifting.

I put my shit in the locker room and hurried back out to the equipment, finished lifting (another ten mins) and then got on the treadmill and ran for 20 minutes straight. Yes!! It wasn't nearly as hard as it was last time I ran for 20 straight, which I did about a week and a half ago. I've been running since then, but not all at once...I've been mixing it up with walking, i.e. two minutes running, one walking. So it felt really good to do 20 in a row and it made me really feel like I've made some good progress physically in the last week. (It also cracks me up that I used to do 60 minutes of running without batting and eye and now 20 is a push. Oh, body.) Then I hiked for 10 minutes, stretched, and got the hell out of there.

I walked into the bar at 9:30 on the nose. Nice. I had a couple drinks with my friend (I chose vodka and soda, which I never have, but I wanted the buzz and fewer calories) and some chicken satay for protein and mini pizza, which was gross so I scraped the awful awful cheese off it and just had the pita bread and sauce underneath. Kev showed up a while later, my friend left soon after that, and Kev and I finished our drinks and headed home. I made some popcorn when we got here, just to curb the munchie feeling, had a tiny bit of it and some water and was exhausted. Fell into bed around 2:30.

Good night. Didn't go over points at all!! Really proud of that. And the workout was lovely.

Now I'm headed home to queens to paaaaint, bitches.

No comments: