Monday, January 01, 2007

2007

January 1. It's officially 2007.

I did absolutely nothing for the new year, rang it in with a good friend, sitting on a couch, watching dick clark. We had some wine and some beer and some fried chicken. I did a few sudoku. Sudokus? Is that the plural? Or is it like deer. I did a few deer.

Anyway. The holidays were fine, they've come, they've gone, I'm eager to get my groove back in 2007. There are a few key things which need my attention.

I'm grateful for/curious about starting my brand new job tomorrow. I had a couple days of "training" before the holidays, but the real solo gig starts tomorrow morning at 9am sharp. It's already 6pm! Where the fuck....

I sorta can't believe this vacation week is over. Tomorrow night I'll go to improv class, Thursday night I have a show, Saturday night I have a show, things will be back to normal.

With the opportunity for renewal and refreshment on my plate, I'm eager to refocus on some healthy eating and some good, solid exercise. I'm eager to refocus on some self-improvement stuff like smoking less and honoring my body and mind more often. I'm eager to work on my new year's resolution of telling the truth more often. I'm eager to spend more time at home, in a clean room, with a happy cat. I'm eager to spend a LOT less time obsessing about certain stuff and letting go about other stuff and making good decisions by honoring the things I value.

Happy New Year. I prefer to be unceremonious about these things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were unceremonious as well -- in fact, I rang in the new year on the sofa with Gracie (puppy) and a glass of champagne; Chris had crashed into bed 15 minutes early. Wooohooo, that's HOT.

Anyway.

Happy New Year to you, and I hope this year brings you everything you want and deserve!

~jess