Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Okay, now it's really 2007, I swear.

I stole this from my friend Sarah's blog. I hope she won't mind.

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Spent an evening in jail.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't know if I had any resolutions last year, but if I did they were likely not kept.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My good friend's sister, but that doesn't totally count because it's not my sister, and I've never met the baby.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank god. I have been so blessed in that respect.

5. What countries did you visit?
None!

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More self-discipline in the form of making decisions that serve my body and mind positively.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb. 14 because the roommie and I were arrested and October 12 because I was fired. I hope to improve these stats in 2007.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing 4 out of 5 levels of improv classes, HST's constant awesomeness, maintaining a 100 pound weight loss, despite lots of obstacles in the form of cookies and cakes.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting fired from my job for making a horrible error in judgment. Not accepting soon enough that it's okay to ask for help and admit to struggle.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My ipod. Which has since gone missing. Do you have it? Please return it to me, no questions asked. I'll be buying a new one with my tax refund. Roar.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My friends for being awesome when I got fired, financially and otherwise. My mom for being normal when I got fired. My grandma for being the opposite of her usual self when I got fired. My roommate for paying my rent for the months I was without work.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Someone at my old job, an ex-boyfriend...but nothing so serious that I actually cared. Let it be, I say.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, partying, cab rides.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
HST, improv, when my cat's drain got removed from his back.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
That one with the lyrics, "So you had a bad day.." and the other one that goes, "I'm obsessin' just because you know mah naaame." Not because of the lyrics, though. Just because I heard them a lot.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier. the circumstances of my reality might not be a lot better (or worse, for that matter) but my perspective on them is. i'm learning to be content with exactly what is. and to see the realities in my life as extensions of the choices i make. i'm not a victim, i'm a volunteer.
b) thinner or fatter? slightly fatter. like three pounds fatter. fine.
c) richer or poorer? poorer. sad.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gone to therapy, exercised healthier behaviors in body and mind.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spending money I didn't have, lying, obsessing, smoking, crying in the bathroom at my old job.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it. At Grandma's. It was just fine. Lovely, even.

21. How will you be spending New Years?
Spent it. At a friend's. On the couch. Was fine. Lovely, even.

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
No. I can't say I did.

23. How many one-night stands?
None. Puleeze.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
I probably watched more Dr. Phil than anything, but as far as TV goes, this wasn't a banner year for me. Scrubs made an appearance near the end of the year. I heart Zach Braff.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nah. Plus, why hate. Or, if I hate them now, I hated them then too.

26. What was the best book you read?
A Million Little Pieces.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My ipod. Which has since gone missing.

28. What did you want and get?
An ipod. Which has since gone missing. And a digital camera. And a new job before the year ended. And a nice winter coat that isn't as long as that other huge coat who's zipper is broken anyway. New glasses! Thanks, Mom.

29. What did you want and not get?
Another ipod. Another cat. A new apartment. A million dollars. A new apartment. Several pairs of new shoes.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm, I enjoyed The Departed. I can't even think of what else I saw. Oh, I also loved The Devil Wears Prada. I saw that in the theater on a Monday afternoon at 5pm by myself. Oh and just under the wire, viewed on December 29, Come Fly With Me, about Michael Jordan.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26. I had an improv class and later that week, a night out with friends. Twas fine. Nothing special.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A nicer apartment combined with more financial security.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Ha. THIS fits me?? Cool! Does it come in black? Oh, I can't afford it? Okay, I'll just wear these 8 shirts over and over.

34. What kept you sane?
Improv, new friends, old friends, HST, my CAAAAAAAAAT.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I won't lie, I always follow Britney. And she announced her split from K-Fed on my birthday this year. And I'm strangely drawn to Angelina and Brad, probably because he looks like my Uncle Gil. I definitely have a thing for Ricky Gervais, though. Oh and that Lebron James. Mmmmmmm...

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Well the hanging is fresh in my mind, so I'll say that.

37. Who did you miss?
Stephanie. Sometimes Steve, though I reconnected with him in December. Clayton until he came back from Hawaii.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Sarah, Steve, Keith, lots of pitizens.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
You control your own destiny through the choices you make each day, no matter how mundane some of them might seem. You can only make account withdrawls against your life for so long before you have to put something back into the bank. So if you want something different for tomorrow, make a different choice today.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
So you had a bad day...

No comments: